Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Dabble in Kids Crafts

Yesterday I had a very fun and exciting night with my two favorite little girls. They are kids of some friends from church. The girls are two and a half and five. We don't have a lot of toys and fun things for kids at our house except for Kaiser, our dog, who seems to be a pretty big hit among the kids.

I only found out they'd be with me for the night just the day before and with the rest of my busy life I didn't really have time to plan any "activities." So this was definitely a thrown together craft with stuff that I just happened to have lying around. A few items from my pantry and we had homemade play dough.

I found this recipe from http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-playdough-recipes/ and it was a huge success!

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup salt
3 TBS oil
1 package of Koolaid
food coloring (optional - I added a few drops of red because the girls wanted pink or red Play dough. 


Mix in a pot on the stove over medium heat. After a few minutes it will heat to the consistency of Playdoh. Cool completely before you let little hands touch! (If you are reading this JoAnna, I did not find this out the hard way, Don't worry!)




No comments:

Post a Comment